Installed and buried out of sight at the base of the downspout to capture and remove a variety of pollutants and debris that may be flushed out in the system during a heavy rain. Incoming rainwater is passed through a series of mechanical filters that remove leaves, twigs, seeds, and small sediment that accumulate on the surface of the roof between rain events. The first stage of filtration consists of a grated lid and layer of gravel (not included) that remove larger debris. The second stage of filtration is a 300-micron net that effectively removes finer particulate such as sediment composed of roofing material, dust, and other debris. Filtered rainwater then discharges into the rainwater harvesting system. The filter includes a molded hose tail that can accommodate 3″ or 4″ corrugated drain pipe.
- Captures and removes a pollutants and debris from rainwater
- Removes leaves, twigs, seeds, and small sediment that accumulate on the roof
- Two stages of mechanical filtration remove larger and finer particulate
- Durable, rotationally molded construction
- Molded hose tail accommodates 3″ or 4″ corrugated drain pipe
Operation manual: Aquascape Downspout Filter (MPN 30166)
Operation manual video: Aquascape Downspout Filter (MPN 30166)